When you are shopping for emergency lighting equipment for your police car, it is important that you are focused on quality and durability of the items that you purchase. These tools are essential to ensure safety and security on the job, giving you the peace of mind to know that you have the necessary equipment that is needed in an emergency situation.
Customizing Your Police Car Equipment
As you are outfitting your police car with the lights and sirens that are needed, you will see that there are a number of different products that you can choose from. This article will highlight some of the most popular and effective products that you might consider, so that you can identify the right things to meet your individual lighting needs.
Our experienced team at SpeedTech Lights is committed to providing you with the high quality equipment that you are searching for. We offer competitive prices and long-lasting durability to keep you safe when you are in the line of duty.
These are the eight categories of lights and sounds to consider when outfitting your police car:
1. Police Light Bars
Police light bars are typically the foundation of a safety package for your car. These light bars are useful in a variety of situations, because you can quickly capture the attention of everyone in the area. The light bars are usually installed on top of the police car, although there are other types of interior light bars that can be installed inside the car as well.
Most police light bars come with red, blue, and white lights, although you can customize the LED light bars with different colors if needed. It is essential that the lights are bright, durable and robust, because they are an important tool to use in case of an emergency. Here are a few police light bar options that you might consider:
- Prime 47″ Linear LED Light Bar: A good, standard light bar that includes common features, such as alley and take down lights and a built in amber arrow stick. Comes with fully adjustable mounting and feet brackets.
- K-Force 47″ TIR LED Light Bar: It is easy to see why this is our best-selling police LED light bar. It offers a great value and high quality features such as 39 available flash patterns, multicolor traffic advisor functionality, TIR optics, and arrow stick directions.
- Split Raptor TIR Interior LED Visor Light Bar: A high performance light bar that won’t take up a lot of space in your car. Offering MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDs, TIR optics, durable casing, and the STL grand control.
2. Police Warning Lights
If you are dealing with an emergency situation, then warning lights can be a great way to capture the attention of other drivers in the area. Police warning lights can be used in a variety of ways, especially because these lights are designed to be customizable to match your needs. For example, you can choose the light and flashing patterns that will be most helpful in any situation.
One of the advantages of the police warning lights that we offer is that these lights can be programmed to save your preferences. So, you can automatically turn on the lighting patterns that are needed without worrying about the settings or details on the warning lights. Check out these popular police warning lights:
- Split Raptor Linear Interior LED Visor Light Bar: Features 48 MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDs, as well as linear optics to magnify the intensity of the light bar. You can choose from 25 flash patterns and it includes a dual memory functionality.
- K-Force 47″ Linear LED Light Bar: A full-size warning LED light bar, rated for 100,000 hours and offering a number of different configurations that you can choose from. This light bar has 136 MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDs on a 47” bar.
- Prime 47″ TIR LED Light Bar: For durability and a light bar that will hold up in harsh environments, you should consider this product. It includes 84 MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDs and 39 available flash patterns. The multicolor traffic advisor features make this light bar easy to customize to your individual needs.
3. Police Beacons
If you don’t want to use an entire light bar on your car, then you might consider police beacons instead. These beacons are compact, but don’t be fooled by the small size because they offer 360 degree visibility. When you need to notify other people in the area, police beacons are a great option to consider since they are easy to see from any angle. This type of visual warning light rotates using a single bulb and a curved mirror, which creates the rotating beams of light that flash when viewed.
We offer police beacons in a variety of colors and styles, and you can choose the size and features that will work best for your car. These beacons can be installed permanently on the car, or you can choose removable beacons that can be attached as needed. These are some of our most popular beacons:
- Octo Mini LED Beacon: This mini beacon is easy to use and can be adjusted to match any situation. It has 24 MaxGen™ 3-Watt LED lights, offering a bright output in a small package. The technology gives it an enhanced flash to ensure the light is visible from long distances.
- Raven LED Beacon Mini Light Bar: For two beacons in one unit, consider the Raven model. You will get a total of 96 LED lights, doubling the brightness of a standard beacon. It is easy to use and easy to install, offering built-in magnets on the bottom of the unit.
- Patrol LED Beacon: For a compact unit that offers powerful results, consider the Patrol LED Beacon. You can choose between magnetic or pole mount options, and the beacon is durable to hold up in all environments. The unit comes with a cigarette plug or an optional 9 feet of cable, making it an easy installation.
4. Police Dash Lights
Are you looking for a way to use police lights and still keep your car conspicuous at the same time? Police dash lights are the perfect solution! These light bars are the right size to fit within your car, and they offer the benefits of warning lights without the equipment being mounted on the top of the car.
Choose from the different types of dash lights that are available, to ensure that you have the proper size and colors that meet your needs. All of our interior and exterior light bars can be customized to match the size and requirements of your vehicle. Check out some of our popular police dash lights:
- Striker-2 TIR Interior LED Dash Light: Powerful TIR optics and 8 MaxGen™ LEDs make this visor light bar a great option. There are 24 flash patterns to choose from and a memory function that stores the last flash pattern that you used. Choose between multiple bracket options including headliner mounts, L brackets, or suction cups.
- Striker-4 TIR Interior LED Dash Light: This light bar includes 16 MaxGen™ LEDs that are rated with a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours. It includes your choice of mounting tools.
- Virtue-6 Linear LED Traffic Advisor: Offering 30 flash patterns, amber multicolor functionality, and magnifying optics that enhance the flashing of the LEDs. Easy mounting tools allow you to install this light bar in a variety of locations, and it can even be waterproofed to be mounted on the outside of the car.
5. Police Visor Lights
Want to tuck your police lights out of view when they aren’t being used? Police visor lights are a great option to consider, because they are easily accessible and they don’t take up much space in the car. When you are planning the lighting design for an undercover police car, then visor lights can be very useful.
You might also consider police visor lights if you are looking for a way to add a few more lights to your car. Even if you are using rooftop lights or other light bars in different locations on your car, the visor lights can add one more point of light to increase the visibility of your warning lights.
- Split Raptor TIR Interior LED Visor Light Bar: Using the optional Grand Control Box, you can select any of the 25 flash patterns that are available. This light bar includes 6 MaxGen™ 3-watt take down LEDs and a total of 36 MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDs. The powerful output of this light bar make it effective during daylight and night hours.
- Split Raptor Linear Interior LED Visor Light Bar: With 48 MaxGen™ 3-watt LEDS, this high performance light bar features linear optics that help with the magnification of the LED intensity. You have full control over the flashing patterns, as well as universal mounting brackets and a windshield reflector.
- Arc TIR Interior LED Visor Light: With 15 flash patterns available and 14 total MaxGen™ 3-wat LEDs, this visor light can be used in a variety of situations. It includes TIR optics, memory functionality, and a lifespan of up to 100,000 hours.
6. Police Interior Lights
Police interior lights are most commonly used for undercover police cars or any situation where you need access to emergency lighting but you want to minimize the visibility of the equipment when the lights are turned off. Don’t think that the interior LED light bars are inferior to the rooftop light bars, because these interior lighting systems are designed to be powerful so that you can easily capture the attention of other drivers in the area.
When you are choosing police interior lights, consider the location on the car where the lights should be installed. Police interior lights can be used on the front and back windows, and there are several different layouts that can be used to ensure that the lights are functional, effective, and easy to use.
- Striker-8 TIR LED Traffic Advisor: This 33” light bar offers directional features and 30 flash patterns to choose from, including right, left, and center-out directions. With amber multicolor functionality and an intense flash, you can easily capture the attention of other drivers.
- Virtue-2 Linear Interior LED Dash Light: A rear pattern changer and 24 flash patterns give you many options when you are using this light bar. It has 12 MaxGen™ LEDs that are built with powerful linear optics. It is a 2-head light bar with magnified flash capabilities.
7. Police Sirens
Sometimes, police lights alone aren’t enough. If you need to capture the attention of other drivers, then one of the most effective things that you can do is use the combination of police sirens and lights at the same time. By installing the right sirens on your car or truck, you can be sure that your emergency vehicle is heard from far away. The siren notifies drivers that your car is approaching, and the drivers can use their mirrors and windows to identify the source of the siren sounds.
Be sure to choose high quality sirens that offer the right type of sounds that are needed. You also need to make sure that the sirens are built to project the sound effectively. High quality equipment will give you the peace of mind to know that you have a durable system, so that the police sirens are always available to use whenever they are needed in an emergency situation.
- IntelliSiren 100 Watt Police Siren: A great value and high quality features, including multiple siren tones and PA functionality. This smart and intelligent siren system has a 100-watt output and offers between 9 to 12 Ohms. You get durability, functionality, and quality features at a fraction of the cost.
- Final 100 Watt Siren: One of the most popular police sirens on our website, with a variety of features that you will love. It includes independent siren tone selection, and a microphone with coiled cable that can extend as long as 6 feet. The 100-watt speakers are built with a face plate separate from the amplifier, so you can choose the best place to mount the siren system.
- Vireo 100 Watt Siren: You can choose from multiple mounting features and a variety of siren tones, making this system easy to install in any vehicle. The hand-held control panel functions as a faceplate to manage the entire siren system as well as the built-in warning lights, and it can also be used as a microphone.
8. Police Speakers
Police speakers are useful when you need to loudly convey a message or capture the attention of people in the area. These speakers can be mounted on your police car, and they can be connected with your siren system for maximum effectiveness.
These are some of the most popular police speakers available here on our website:
- Icon 100-Watt Speaker: One of our highest selling speaker systems because of the compact design and effective output. Even though the system is small, it still offers 100-watt output built into weather-proof housing. You can also use the rotating bracket for mounting, making it easy to use the speaker in any way that it is needed.
- 100-Watt Cone Speaker: A loud vehicle speaker/siren, with 100-watt output and a flat bracket for mounting. It is built in a cone shape to maximize the projection of the sound, and can be paired with one of our siren systems.
- 150-Watt Cone Speaker: A stronger cone-shaped speaker, offering 150-watt output. It is easy to install with the flat brackets that are used for mounting, and is durable in all types of weather conditions.
With the right setup, you can utilize police speakers, sirens, and lights to manage an emergency situation and control the flow of traffic in the area. As you can see, there are a variety of products and tools to choose from! You can pick from the different types of police lights and accessories that are available, to ensure that you have the perfect system to use in your emergency vehicle.
If you need help choosing the right police equipment for your car, then we invite you to contact our team here at SpeedTech Lights. We are happy to help you find the equipment that you are searching for!