Flashing warning lights are an important tool to alert other people of a situation or emergency. But, in order to maintain their effectiveness, it is necessary to use these warning lights only on an occasional basis. Limited use will keep them effective so that people will notice when the lights are turned on.
Vehicles that Use Warning Lights
There are a variety of situations when these warning lights can be helpful, and these are some of the vehicles that benefit from the use of flashing warning lights:
- Police Cars: Whether a police officer is pulling someone over for a routine traffic stop or they are trying to move to a crime scene quickly, the use of these police warning lights can be beneficial to notify other drivers that the police car is coming through. The blue, red, and white colors of the lights make it easy to identify that the car is a police officer.
- Fire Trucks: When a crew of firefighters is responding to a call, it is important that they are moving fast to reach the scene as quickly as possible. Firetruck lights on top of the fire truck make it easy for the truck to quickly move through the streets, even when traffic is busy.
- Ambulances: Emergency medical response crews also need to reach a scene quickly in order to administer the life-saving medical treatments that are needed. These flashing warning lights can be used when the ambulance is navigating through traffic, and often the ambulance car lights are left on at the scene in order to make people aware of the situation.
- Construction Trucks: When a construction crew is working on the side of the road, it can be a very dangerous situation if the other drivers aren’t aware of the crew. These construction truck lights can be installed on the construction crew truck, in order to make the area visible and keep passing drivers away from the danger of the work site.
- Tow Trucks: Driving a tow truck in heavy traffic can be dangerous, especially since tow truck drivers are often picking cars up on the side of the road or in the middle of busy lanes. By turning on the tow truck lights, you can ensure the safety of the tow truck driver and other people in the area.
Whether you are outfitting your own car or you are looking for lighting solutions for a fleet of cars, SpeedTech Lights can help! Contact us for more information about flashing warning lights.